By Lorie L. Burch, Owner and Founding Attorney of Burch Law
Everyone wants to save money; we’re right there with you. But what we really want is the best deal; the best bang for your buck. No, we aren’t the lowest cost, but we are the best value. And THAT is going to save time and money when your loved ones need it most. Let me tell you why Burch Law provides the best value:
1. Customized. I know a lot of people would like us to tell them right off the bat how much it will cost to get a Will or estate plan, but that is just not what you should be looking for. If you can get a quote immediately, I’m telling you that you should run. They are going to provide generic, cookie-cutter planning that is not customized to your needs and wishes. At Burch Law, we want to get to know you and design the right plan for you and your family. We are very transparent with our fees once we can know a little bit more about what plan is the best fit.
2. Thorough. Part of being customized is ensuring that we cover all bases, all legal parameters, and all alternatives. Addressing contingencies is one of the most critical components to a comprehensive estate plan. Does your Will include future born children? What if your chosen executor or guardians cannot serve? What if a beneficiary is underage or ends up having dementia? What if one of your co-trustees ends up not being able to serve, can the other one serve alone? These are just a few examples of estate plans done by other firms that have failed because they didn’t put in contingency plans that we know can happen. We want you to get this planning done, but we don’t want you to have to do it over and over as life changes.
There are also several key documents that not all firms prepare, such as a “Declaration of Guardian (for self) In Event of Later Incapacity or Need of Guardian,” “Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains,” and a “Designation of Health Care Agent for Children.” To learn more about what these planning documents are for, check out our Explanation of Documents.
3. Responsive. Do you know how often we hear that clients have waited days, if not weeks, to hear back from a law firm? We don’t do that. We get back to you within 24 hours, if not sooner.
4. Efficient. I have seen many firms that are very behind the times, disorganized, and drag their feet. We may not be for everyone, but for those who like advanced, modern, efficient systems based on the newest technology, we are the firm for you. If you like structure, organization, and consistent communication and processes, then you will love working with Burch Law.
5. Other Resources, including the Burch Law Exclusive “CYA (Cover Your Assets) Plan.” We go the extra mile at Burch Law to make sure we are providing resources beyond what your legal documents address. After all, you don’t just need a Will or Trust; you need a PLAN. We provide several resources that many other firms do not. Such as:
✓ Beneficiary assistance – did you know the way you set up beneficiaries on life insurance, retirement accounts, and investments all override anything a Will or Trust states? Therefore, it is essential that you get advice and assistance in how to set up those beneficiaries so that they do not conflict with your plan.
✓ CYA Organizer – The exclusive “CYA Organizer” also called the “Will Memorandum” is a critical document to prepare for your loved ones that provides biographical information, usernames/passwords, lists where you keep important paperwork, who should be contacted, and so much more!
✓ Portal Storage – we provide an online, secure portal where we will store electronic signed copies of your documents as well as provide anyone you choose to have emergency online access.
✓ The CYA Plan – The CYA (Cover Your Assets) Plan is exclusive to Burch Law and allows YOU to choose the level of assistance you need once your estate plan is established. While we provide detailed checklists and instructions on what should be done once your legal planning is signed, The CYA Plan is an add-on service that spans 3 years of more customized, hands-on support. For more information on what is included in the Burch Law Exclusive CYA Plan, check out: www.cyalaw.com.
Bottom line: you will always save time, money, and heartache for your family by putting together a thorough, comprehensive estate plan with an experienced and qualified law firm. It’s not about lowest cost, it’s about greatest value. That’s what you get at Burch Law!