Frequently Asked Questions – Other Estate Planning

This discussion provides information of a broad general nature only. The information contained in this discussion does not constitute legal or tax advice.

What other documents should I be thinking about?

  1. Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains – This document allows you to specify one or more individuals to be in control of your funeral and burial arrangements.  This document also allows you to specify your wishes regarding such arrangements.
  2. Gift By A Living Donor – This document allows you to make organ, tissue or body part donations and to specify whether such donations can be used for medical, scientific or education purposes.
  3. Declaration of Guardian in Event of Later Incapacity or Need of Guardian – This document allows adults to designate one or more individuals to be his or her guardian if s/he is declared incapacitated or incompetent.
  4. Designation of Agent to Make Health Care Decisions for Children– This document allows you to appoint one or more individuals to make health care decisions for your child or children.  Consent may be given for medical, dental, psychological, and surgical treatment.  This document also gives the appointed individuals the right to travel with the child or children if needed.

^ Back to Questions

What do I do now that I have gone to a lawyer and have all my documents finalized?

Here is a link to the closing letter I give to all of my clients once they’ve completed their documents.

^ Back to Questions

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial